I don't have time to get the whole trip blogged before we head back and start packing for our road trip, so I'll attempt to give a very brief wrap up of the rest of our Chinese Adventure here, and give a full accounting on our Website when we get back from Himachal Pradesh trip.
Suffice it to say, that this China vacation has been the "trip of a lifetime" and we are forever changed because of it. I left off with Tongli so that leads us to our next stop of Shanghai. We met Smitty at the train station and walked about 20 minutes to his amazing apartment. Shanghai was amazing, and the highlight of that portion of our trip was the "Shanghai Death March" (as we are calling it) because of the insane heat and humidity that day. I don't know how many km we walked, but we saw Yuyuan Gardens and Market, People's Square, the City Planning Museum, and walked down Nanjing Street to the Bund with magnificent view of the Pearl Tower.
After Shanghai, we trained it back to Nanjing for another few "down days" and saw some really cool, very old stuff. I know, I know... I'm not doing any of this justice, but once I'm back on my own turf with my own keyboard, I promise to do a proper de-briefing.
The last part of our journey was spent in "heaven." The Guilin area of China is some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
Top of Moon Hill
After Shanghai, we trained it back to Nanjing for another few "down days" and saw some really cool, very old stuff. I know, I know... I'm not doing any of this justice, but once I'm back on my own turf with my own keyboard, I promise to do a proper de-briefing.
The last part of our journey was spent in "heaven." The Guilin area of China is some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
Top of Moon HillWell, that's all I have time for... we're out the door for dinner at Outback Steakhouse (beef!) before we head to the airport and head home to India.



2 comments:
Finally checked Dave's blog.
Sounds so amazing and I'm so jealous! The taxi thing definitely stinks though. India's good for something right...
When I read about the great wall trip I had an emotional moment of my own. Now both you and Richard have been to the great wall. But I have faith that one day I will get there...I just hope I'm not too old to enjoy it!
I MISS YOU!
Hey Dave,
I'm so glad I found your site. How cool to do all that you guys are doing. What a great experience. My wife is jealous! (me,too) Tell your family hello from us.
Carlan
Post a Comment