- no one honks their horn
- people stand in line
- there is no garbage, anywhere
- everything is clean, we joked about kissing the airport floor - and it didn't even seem like a gross idea
- Drinking from the tap is a great concept
- Driving in the lanes is also a good idea
- There are a lot of restaurants in America
- Chicago is a beautiful city
And, I've already lived my dream of wandering the grocery store aisles. Z, my mom and I went to grab a few things for dinner. I was surprised at how quickly I became overwhelmed by everything - the selection, the prices, the mass quantities. Z was disappointed that I wasn't buying everything he wanted, but I was so overwhelmed that I almost couldn't function. Weird! I am happy to report, though, that I still love milk as much as I imagined I did. But, now my brain is slowly shutting down, and I am rapidly approaching a mildly vegetative state, so I will refrain from sharing anymore at present. America IS beautiful! I am elated to rediscover all the things that make her great!
3 comments:
I love it. I cried for joy AND dismay the first time I went to the grocery store. And drinking out of the tap is exhilarating isn't it?!?
Welcome back. It's a beautiful place, America. The thing that still gets me sometimes is how very blue the sky is, and I can't believe I lived 2.5 years with hardly any blue skies in Delhi. But the day-to-day experiences of America kind of match Delhi's sky in their drabness, so I guess it all comes out even in the end. I hope you get over jet-lag soon and can ease back into America without too much stress.
All the best,
Merinda
America is beautiful and even more so now that you are your family are back in it! Take it all in baby! Costco is gonna make your knees weak!
We just got home from a short trip to Mexico, and I was amazed at how many of your sentiments I shared even after only a few days. This country is darn rich and darn clean, I say. Glad to hear you are back in it. You know, Chicago is only about 8 or 9 hours away from Kansas City. Have you thought about bringing your kids to see the church history sites in Independence and Liberty before you head off to Hawaii? You've got a place to stay if you'd like one.
Post a Comment